Welcome to Words on Wednesday, a link-up for writers on the first Wednesday of each month.
Each month I post an optional topic, but you can write about whatever you like as long as it pertains to writing in some way. This includes promoting your work!
The optional topic for today’s Words on Wednesday: Share your favorite writing quote or meme.
It can be a quote directly about writing or one that inspires your writing life. It can be funny or serious. It can be about writing, revising, inspiration, creation, or anything else writing-related.
After you share your quote/meme, tell us why it’s your favorite and how it influences your writing life. Here are just a few ideas:
- Does it inspire you during writer’s block?
- Make you shake your head and say yup, that’s me?
- Provide encouragement when you want to send your WIP through the paper shredder?
- Gave you the push you needed to start your dream to become a writer?
My quote is: Writing is the painting of the voice ~ Voltaire
This is my favorite writing quote for two reasons:
- It is a beautiful quote. I picture a paintbrush dipped in gorgeous colors creating words written in calligraphy.
- It makes me feel like an artist. I can’t draw to save my life, not even stick figures. But this quote reminds me art is more than images on paper, it’s what inspires the images in your mind.
I look forward to reading your favorite quotes!
I started this link-up to create a support system for writers. With that in mind, please read and comment on at least one other post (suggest the one linked up before yours). The more you participate, the more our writing community will grow! Sharing the link-up with your writing friends is another great way to meet other writers.
Because WordPress.com doesn’t support linkup programs, please paste the link to your blog post into the comment section below.